Yes you CAN eat Raw and have all the fun flavors you love! And even find new flavors to love.
This recipe is a perfect example of a new flavor. I personally have never liked the neon orange nacho cheese; gas stations have it, it comes in a jar, it’s pourable…always grossed me out. Real cheese doesn’t work that way. If I got nachos at a restaurant I wanted grated cheese that was melted over them.
This recipe is the best I’ve ever made for a “cheese” like flavor and overall awesomeness.
- 2 cups Raw Cashews – soaked for 4-6 hours or overnight.
- 1/4 cup Nutritional Yeast
- 1/2 cup Orange Bell Pepper (Red might be even better) – rough chopped
- 1/4 cup sweet onion – rough chopped
- 1 Tbl Chipotle Powder (the key secret ingredient. You ‘could’ use Smoked Paprika but why would you? ?)
- 1 tsp Chili Powder (or a little less if you don’t want a kick)
- 2 Tbl Extra Virgin Olive Oil (the quality of your oil DOES matter)
- 2 Tbl Lemon Juice – fresh squeezed
- Garlic, salt and black pepper to taste. (I love garlic which has a bite so start slow so you don’t overdo it in combo with the chili powder)
- Water as needed for creaminess. I used about 1/4 cup, adding little by little.
Blend all ingredients in a food processor till as smooth as you can get it. Transfer to a blender and keeping adding water till it’s super smooth and the spreadable / dip-able texture you want.
If you have a Vita-Mix blender you could skip the food processor step. You’ll have to add some water sooner to keep the blender going.
This is a great dip for a crudités of veggies, on flax crackers, or over your Walnut Taco Meat! ? You could even use it as a base and add whatever additional spices or herbs you want to go with the dish you’re making.
I’d love to hear back after you make it! What yummy adjustments did you make, what did you eat it with…comment below and share!