I am super proud of this new flavor discovery! A while back I made this coffee frappuccino that rivaled and, to me at least, beat Starbucks version. It was my saving grace over the summer, I drank soooo many of them! Problem was I don’t know what happened to the recipe. You think you’ll always remember it because it tasted so good and you made it so many times but all the recipes made in between until Summer came round again, blurred the memories.
I haven’t found anything that came close…until now. To be clear, this recipe below ISN’T the flavor but….it’s even better! Woohooo! 😃 And that is saying something! Plus, this one has greens in it which the former version definitely didn’t.
- 1 cup cooled Coffee (I take the leftovers from the mornings pot and put it in a mason jar in the fridge, once it’s cooled off)
- 2 cups Spinach (I keep a bag in the freezer)
- 6-8 Medjool Dates (adjust to your taste)
- 2 Tbl Hemp Seeds (also stored in the freezer)
- 2 Tbl Almond Butter
- 3 cups Coffee Ice Cubes
Edit 7/31/2019- I’ve since further enhanced this recipe:
- 3 Drops Peppermint Essential Oil
- 2 tsp Raw Maca Powder
- 1/4 tsp He Shou Wu Extract (Completely optional. This extract is of benefit to get additional longevity superfoods in your diet but not crucial to the enhanced flavor.)